This article (here somewhat updated) was originally written in 1995 for the Township Committee, back when it was trying to decide what to do with the old farmhouse. Sarah Dilts had left the farm she inherited to the township and it had been turned into a true community park. But the house was a dilemma. How to use it and maintain it? At one point the township committee considered moving the police department there. But that was not feasible, and eventually the house and other structures were taken down. Here is how it looked before that happened. Continue reading »
Category: Dilts Corner
DILTS CORNER is located in Delaware Township at the intersection of Sandy Ridge-Mt. Airy Road and Lambertville-Headquarters Road. It is a village without the usual trappings–no store, no tavern, no church. But it has long been a recognized place, ever since Robert Dilts set up his shoemaking operation there in 1824.