Category: Lambertville

LAMBERTVILLE, once known as Coryell’s Ferry, until 1814 when a post office was established there. It was a part of West Amwell Township until it was incorporated in 1849. The D&R Canal and the Belvidere-Delaware Railroad have given this town much of its life and history. But it was also an important place during the Revolution as the Continental Army moved back and forth between New Jersey and Pennsylvania.