PRALLSVILLE was where Daniel Howell and Mary Else Reading settled about 1710. Howell established a ferry, a tavern and a mill. In later years, John Prall Jr. expanded the mill and brought economic activity to the small town. Prallsville was first a part of Amwell Township until 1838, and then part of Delaware Township until 1898, when it became part of Stockton Borough.