Category: Holcombe

HOLCOMBE. John and Elizabeth Holcombe appeared in Amwell Township around 1705-1710, and are thought to have built the oldest house still standing in Hunterdon County, located at the Holcombe-Jimison farm just north of Lambertville. In the 18th and 19th centuries, there were numerous Holcombes living in south Hunterdon. Check “More Online Resources,” in the right-hand column for a link to a genealogical website for the Holcombes.